America’s First Ever Hindu Congresswoman Will Take the Oath of Office Over the Bhagavad Gita.
Last night, Hawaii not only elected Japan-born Mazie Hirono to be the first ever Asian-American woman elected to the Senate, they also elected Democrat Tulsi Gabbard as the first ever practicing Hindu to the US House of Representatives. Hawaii has been declared a Fox News Disaster Zone.
Thirty-one-year-old Gabbard is the daughter of two conservative Hawaii politicians and first ran for office at age 21. After her first term, she voluntarily served on a 12-month tour of duty with Hawaii’s National Guard, and then became the first woman in the history of the Accelerated Officer Candidate School at the Alabama Military Academy to be designated a “distinguished honor graduate.”
When she’s sworn in this January, she’ll take her oath of office over a Bhagavad Gita, a sacred text for followers of Hinduism, or Sanatana Dharma.. According to HuffPo, Gabbard’s favorite verses include,
— “That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul.” (2:17)
— “The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.”(2.23)
Gabbard hopes that her faith will help her to assist the US in fostering a better relationship with India, where a large portion of the population is Hindu.
- sunil10305 likes this
- beafrantic reblogged this from blackbeatnik
- beafrantic likes this
- schmacob likes this
- opalcat likes this
- weareinareverie reblogged this from trilliamsdotcom
- xipe88totec reblogged this from radiuss
- blackbeatnik reblogged this from trilliamsdotcom
- radiuss reblogged this from trilliamsdotcom
- trilliamsdotcom reblogged this from great-work-begins and added:
- homo-reptilian reblogged this from great-work-begins
- newslang likes this
- jessicaha likes this
- ishqq-hua reblogged this from izvari
- izvari reblogged this from great-work-begins
- izvari likes this
- great-work-begins posted this